Thursday, June 9, 2011

Muddy Waters is Flowing

The Colors

I love the colors in my current "work in progress" crocheted ripple throw...

Muddy Waters!  

Shades of brown and aqua mist!

It's Lucy at Attic24's ripple pattern (pattern here) and first blogged about (here).


The ripple pattern

I alternated the two bands of browns throughout the throw.


Muddy Waters a Work In Progress

We've been busy with some personal stuff so I haven't been able to crochet much lately.  Since taking this photo I have sewn all the ends in and I'm working on the border.  So far I have decided to leave the ripple ends as is with the variegated yarn and for the straight sides I'm adding three rows of double crochet in the variegated yarn.

This is a longer throw...it will cover my body...and it isn't too heavy either.  

I'm thinking of putting it in our new travel van. 

It's currently a red hot 93 degrees F. here.  

I think it's suppose to get up to 98 degrees F. today. 

That's too darn hot.

I hope it's cooler where you are. 



Please join me for:
Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday


14 comments:

  1. Well I love this one and the name too. It's only in the 50's here. If you want to cool off you must come up to Alaska again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors are beautiful!! Brown goes with other colors splendidly!!
    Hot here too..... We are under t-storm warning now!!
    Have a Great Day!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely!! The aqua blue, creams and browns really look nice together. I found some really pretty fabric in those colors the other day, and I've been sewing with it... planning to do a post about that next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're sweltering here too, I have been indoors with the a/c going! Love the blue/brown combo. xo,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous color combinations. I've not tried a ripple yet but with summer vacation just around the corner, I will definitely give it a go. Our temps have been 120 and above the past couple of weeks. Our night time temps are in the high 90's. Needless to say, we are indoors most of the time except when going from point A to point B. :) Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the colors!

    Yes it has been hot here to...hit 100 a couple of days ago, but now it is only in the low 60's...weird.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely combination of colours the brown and blue work so well together :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is very nice, I like it a lot, and the name is way cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is why I want to learn to crochet. What a beautiful combination of colors and pattern. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous blanket!!!
    It is freezing here...-1 last night...Brrrrrr...
    I think a throw like this would be so warm and toasty...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love it! The colors and pattern is gorgeous! Great name too! This would look great in my guest bedroom!

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sandy~
    I haven't stopped by in a long time. Thought I better check in and say 'hello'!
    I think this body-sized throw is perfect. I love the colors too. You are such a dedicated crochet artist. I just tinker around with every six months or so...Or in a mad-dash to make a gift or something. LOL...
    Love your work--
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope this blog is still open. I have scanned this up and down and can't find how much yarn I need. I love the colors they're perfect. I am still a beginner. Hope someone can help.
    My email is pinkfaith2003@yahoo.com if you could email me the instructtions. I will also keep checking her.
    Thanks,
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete